Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Theory of female attractiveness

I've had this for a long time, and I'll probably get some version into one of my screenplays, but here's the gist of it.

There are at least three dimensions of female attractiveness...
1) Cuteness
2) Sexiness
3) Hotness

There are also some intellectual and artistic dimensions, but those are what I spend the majority of my time worrying about, and it hasn't been working.

Cuteness is little more than the mathematical formula of facial symmetry that acts as a subconscious factor to all males.
Sexiness is an attitude, plain and simple.
Hotness, more often than not, is the two aforementioned factors combined in a large amount

Sometimes there are those like Sandra Bernhard is sexy, but by no means cute or hot.
Most guys would have no problems marrying a girl who is just cute.
Sometimes there are 'plastic' chicks, I won't say Pamela Anderson, because she was incredible long before the first boob job - she's really attractive without makeup (at least this was the case in the mid-90's, when I saw her do a show with no makeup on).

Anyhow, sometimes there are those who just over-do it, and even though they fit into that 'hot' category...they might not be able to pull off sexy - maybe they are too insecure - because they just weren't biologically cute to begin with. Hugh Hefner seems to really be attracted to these types on a personal level.

I'd say Jessica Coen is both cute and sexy. If I knew her on any kind of personal level, I might be able to judge if she's hot or how much so. But you can't have that type overt sexuality in your writing without being a freak on some level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home